We are currently looking for an experienced Inventory Controller to join a third party logistics company in the Swindon/Marlborough area.
The main purpose of the role is to review the current cycle counting and stock take systems and procedures within the company and bring improvement. In addition, you would be responsible for managing capacity planning and assisting with the management of the labour tracking software and the preparation of customer productivity reports.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
– Preparing and implementing new cycle count and stock take procedures
– Capacity management, control and reporting
– Completing and presenting a weekly analysis of the labour tracking data
– Setting productivity targets to be achieved and providing a weekly analysis
– Setting KPI’s and ensuring all activities are monitored on a daily basis and completed in accordance with the Company’s contractual obligations
– Regularly reviewing systems and procedures to maintain continual improvement
– Investigating Improvement Notices raised regarding inventory and action accordingly
– Liaising closely with Account Managers and Warehouse Supervisors regarding customer inventory records
– Arranging and attending regular capacity planning meetings to review new customers coming on board and current space available
– Attending the weekly planning meeting, providing capacity updates and advising where improvements can be made
– Attending daily planning meetings with the operational team
– Carrying out any reasonable duties as deemed the responsibility of the job holder by the Senior Warehouse Manager
Key Skills & Experience:
– Due to the company’s location, having own transport is ESSENTIAL
– Minimum of five years experience in Warehousing / Logistics
– Strong knowledge of warehouse operations and principles
– Self driven, results-orientated individual with a positive outlook and analytical focus for producing accurate information and reports
– Strong written communication skills and the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels
– Excellent face-to-face, system and telephone communicator
– A flexible approach to completing your workload is essential
– Competent in the use of warehouse management systems and Windows Office packages
The working hours are 8:00-18:00 Monday to Friday.
The salary of £23k-£26k/annum depending upon experience is on offer.
If you are interested in the role, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com. If you require any further information, please call our office on 0118 950 8757 and speak to Greta.