We are currently looking for an experienced Inventory Supervisor to join our well-established client in Abingdon.
You will be responsible for making sure that all stock movements undertaken within the UK are in line with procedural guidelines and are carried out in a timely manner, including the flow of returns back into the business and all on-site stock movements.
– Liaising with Distribution and Logistics Departments in Germany on production and departure dates
– Liaising with shippers of products regarding delivery into the company’s warehouse locations
– Co-ordination of stock movements from outside storage locations into distribution locations
– Liaising with all Departments on sales activities daily, and longer term regarding sales periods and special promotions
– Carrying out routine stock counts, and perpetual inventory, to maintain accurate stock records and identify any areas of variance, with reasons.
– Organising and managing the full annual stock-take
– Ensuring redundant stock is identified and constantly monitored
– Processing and movement of returned stock back into the company
– Monitoring of returned stock to provide analytical evidence of the reasons for return, for management review
– Ad-hoc reports for SAP analysis
– Coordinating customer complaints and carrier claims
– Providing reports on a routine basis to the Operations Manager on warehouse performance
– Acting as cover for Warehouse Supervisor
– Acting as Line Manager to Stock Control Assistants and developing stock control team to cover both functions
– Ensuring that any third party storage providers are fully controlled and appropriate checks are in place to maintain the integrity of the stock file through process control and routine visits
– Managing performance to optimise individual contribution, and creating an environment where team members are developed, feel engaged in the business, and are challenged and motivated in their roles.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Previous experience of working in a similar role within fast-paced logistics environment
– Logistics background, including Supervisory skills in a Warehouse environment
– Stock control experience, ideally using WMS within a large fast-moving warehouse environment
– A detailed working knowledge of WMS, SAP
– Excel skills to intermediate level (formulas/look-ups/pivot tables/data management/import and management of text files)
– Understands stocktaking, physical inventory and stock reconciliation
– The ability to multitask with several different areas of logistics, and deal with queries and issues from several internal & external customers (Sales & service departments, and European importers, etc.)
– Hands-on, proactive approach to tasks
The role will rotate with the Stock Controller Assistant. So the working day hours are usually 07:00-15:15 or 09:00-17:15 Monday-Friday.
The salary of £25000-£32999/annum depending upon experience is on offer.
If you are interested in the role, please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please call our office on 0118 950 8757 (ask for Greta).