We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our well-established client on a permanent basis in Reading, Berkshire.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Operations Director, overseeing & managing the site operations and ensuring all day-to-day processes are being managed effectively and efficiently.
• Overall responsibility of the site management including Quality and Health & Safety, planning and delivering operational functions
• Monitoring budgets, suggesting and implementing improvements which will reduce cost through lean efficiency, resource planning etc.
• Leading managers / team leaders by example, and effectively planning the site function
• Monitoring the training and development of all site operational staff, ensuring all members of the team are trained in all operational activities and any necessary refresher training is provided
• Developing KPI’s to measure the effectiveness of the site operations
• Setting objectives, maintaining a safe working environment, driving productivity & efficiency, championing continuous improvement and monitoring the performance of site operatives, team leaders and supervisors to meet demanding targets, deadlines and KPIs
• Achieving customer (internal and external) satisfaction to required levels
• Assisting with recruiting, training and developing staff, ensuring the skills matrix is continually reviewed and updated providing coaching, mentoring and training as appropriate
• Managing stock control
• Ensuring daily/ weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished.
Key Skills & Experience:
• Extensive operational/ management experience and proven track of record in large-scale operations
• Strong focus on continuous improvement, efficiencies and lean processes, working knowledge of LEAN, 5s and Kaizen
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures
• Previous experience of managing site operations and maintaining productivity, including resource planning
• An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business – ability to lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
A competitive salary of £60-£65k/annum depending upon experience is on offer.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com.