We are currently looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our client on a permanent basis in Slough.
You will be responsible for making sure that the Transport team meet and exceed all KPI’s in terms of service, costs and legal requirements. You will also be working with all the depot and company departments to ensure that the company delivers high levels of engagement and customer service by managing efficient route planning, attendance, and robust training to all drivers.
– Ensuring that all drivers are fully trained on all aspects of their role and with support have a clear guidance on the expectations of their role to deliver great service to our customers
– Ensuring all drivers are supported to meet all legal requirements of their role including working time directive and infringements
– Maximising vehicle efficiency to minimise costs in terms of kilometres travelled and KPI’s
– Planning resource of department to ensure high levels of service are delivered balanced with effective cost management
POLICY AND PROCESS
– Ensuring Process adherence to ensure all company processes are promoted and followed
– Working with the Transport manager, site customer and excellence manager, to ensure all policy and procedure is in place and up to date and all drivers up to date on all aspects of their training, including health and safety, SSOW and food standards
– All drivers are legally compliant for all areas of responsibility
– Ensuring all drivers have had adequate inductions and fully understand the requirements for their jobs in all areas, compliance, safety, customer service/experience
– Ensuring all holidays are planned in line with the customer delivery schedule and all drivers are encouraged to plan their holidays in advance to support robust planning for the department to ensure that all service KPI’s are met or exceeded
– Engaging with all drivers daily, at the start or end of their shifts, documenting any driver issues and providing feedback as appropriate the following day with actions taken to reduce any issues
– Communicating with other departments to improve customer service and costs in line with budgets
– Assisting the manager in regularly monitoring payroll documentation ensuring that all staff accurately record hours of attendance, and that all current legislation is fully complied with.
– Conducting and recording exit and return to work interviews in line with company procedure
HEALTH & SAFETY
– Ensuring daily Health and Safety checks are completed and all drivers defects reports are completed, checked and actioned daily
– Promoting Health and Safety best practices, ensuring well being of staff in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policy
– Ensuring all accidents and near misses are investigated in full detail, in a timely manner, and take actions to prevent a re-occurrence
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Previous experience of working in a fast moving transport operation
– Experience of managing a multi-drop Transport department.
– Strong people management skills, leading by example, engaging with colleagues at all levels
– Able to identify key risks and issues that may impact the team
– Able to foresee and solve immediate upcoming problems
– Knowledge of Transport regulations including drivers hours regulations
– Excellent verbal & written communication skills
The working hours are 10:00-19:00 Monday to Friday.
The salary of £30-£34k/annum depending upon experience is on offer.
If you are interested in the role, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require any further information, please call our office on 0118 950 8757 (ask for David).