We are requiring an experienced CNC Turner to join our client in Swanley.
The successful candidate will be responsible for machining products to drawing specifications and to customers quality requirements, and relevant documentation in the most efficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years CNC turning experience
- Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
- Set up fixtures, tooling, and programmes
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Excellent communication, team working and a passion for challenging engineering tasks are an essential part of this role.
- The ability to read and understand written instruction is essential.
- Ability to use various types of inspection gauges. (Tri bore, Trimos, Thread gauges, Plug Gauges, Rocker gauges, Step Mic etc).
- Ability to understand BS305 Geometric tolerances.
- The ability to work to tight tolerances.
- Have a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing.
- CAD CAM knowledge
- Programming and setting of Mazak machines with Matrix control an advantage
Working hours are Monday 7:30 am – 4 pm, Tuesday to Friday 7:30 am – 3 p.m.
£15-£18 /hour depending on experience
Holiday 25 days per year plus bank holidays