We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our well-established client on a permanent basis in Reading, Berkshire.
You will be reporting to the Manager of Parts Operations, and will be responsible for the daily operations of UK Parts Distribution Facility.
You will be managing all aspects of the facility, the welfare of the employees, visitors and suppliers on site whilst ensuring compliance with the required Company Directives and Legislative guidelines.
– Managing the logistics service provider contracts
– Planning, managing and implementing appropriate operational procedures manuals for all activities within the distribution Facility environment, including operational processes, material handling equipment and site plant equipment
– Identifying continuous improvement areas throughout the operation, reporting findings to the Manager of Parts Operations and assisting in the implementation and sustainability of process optimisation improvements
– Achieving customer (internal and external) satisfaction to required levels
– Ensuring timely delivery of parts to the UK Network
– Processing and managing all UK parts returns within specified timescales
– Processing and managing all warehouse goods out order processing
– Leading and motivating the Distribution Facility employees
– Managing resources including holiday cover, holiday times, company days etc.
– In conjunction with the HR team, recruiting, training and developing staff ensuring the skills matrix is continually reviewed and updated providing coaching, mentoring and training as appropriate
– Setting and allocating performance against individual productivity measures/targets
– Managing and achieving the Distribution Facility budget and preparing subsequent years budget in line with budgeting process
– Ensuring Distribution Facility’s compliance to applicable Group Directives; all health and safety procedures, fire safety procedures, security procedures and site equipment suitability and servicing requirements as applicable to all employees, visitors and suppliers on site
– Planning and implementing an annual stock check via perpetual inventory
– Planning and managing inbound and outbound logistics including timing, form
– Ensuring the Distribution Facility physical environment is maintained to the standards required including housekeeping. Liaising with the company’s Facilities department and the management of onsite contractors to achieve this goal
– Planning, managing and reviewing on a monthly basis the warehouse stock dynamics and part locations, optimizing space and utilizing where required.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– Previous warehouse management experience is essential
– You should be able to demonstrate the knowledge of the legal requirements of warehouse management along with the ability to lead teams and manage projects
-You should possess strong levels of drive, determination and enthusiasm; and you will be a skilled and adaptable communicator at all levels in the business
– You will have a high level of attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the implication of the ‘bigger picture’
– You will be able to demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment of delivering information and project results to the board level of an organisation
The working hours are 9:00-17:30 Monday-Friday. Some flexibility regarding working hours required.
In return, the company can offer a competitive salary of £45-£50k/annum depending upon experience, annual bonus scheme, option of the company’s vehicle, private medical insurance, defined contribution pension scheme, and 27 days holiday per year.
If you are interested in the role, please apply by sending your CV – Sales.email@example.com. If you require any further information, please call our office on 0118 950 8757.