We are currently looking for a Machine Operator to join our client in Reading, Berkshire.
- Work with minimal supervision
- To be responsible for the quality of parts produced and ensure they confirm to company standards and product drawings
- To ensure all the company procedures are followed with respect to product checking
- To run machines to achieve cycle times as recorded on the route cards
- Assist Setter/Team Leader in improving changeover times, machine run efficiencies and tooling set ups
- Operate punch presses
- Keep work areas clean and tidy to help minimise the risk of accidents
- Ensure health and safety of self and others at all times
- Assistant in maintenance on machines as and when required
- Transportation of goods within the factory, assisting with stock checks and general housekeeping within the manufacturing unit.
- To take part in any continual improvement programmes.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Numerate and literate
- Able to read technical drawings
- Able to use measuring equipment (micrometres/Vernier) Desirable
- Experience of manufacturing best practice (SMED 5S etc.)
- Counter balance fork truck licence
- First aid
- Manufacturing, engineering or mechanical background
- PC skills
- Sheet metal or fabrication experience
Rotating shift 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm
Salary: £21k-£22k/annum depending on experience