We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer (Electrical) to join our well-established client in Newbury on a permanent basis.
· To be responsible for general planned and reactive maintenance within the site.
· Leading continuous improvement within the engineering and production areas.
· Proactively contributing to the site Management strategy planning and day to day efficiency within production.
- Day to day management of the Engineering Department.
- Completion of all Planned Preventative Maintenance of equipment against a schedule.
- Ensuring all production machinery is working correctly and efficiently.
- Overseeing the installation of new equipment, including electrical and mechanical installations.
- Attending breakdowns on machinery and providing an efficient fix to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Taking ownership for all Engineering and Maintenance issues on site as and when raised by all members of staff.
- Organising relevant inspections and remedial actions with regard to Pressure Vessels, Electrical Systems, Water Fittings, lifting equipment inspections etc, to ensure the site complies with all current relevant regulations.
- Leading Capital Expenditure Projects. Identifying equipment specifications and suppliers. Setting out required budgets for projects and getting quotes. Organising relevant contractors and suppliers to complete the projects on time and on budget.
- Managing the Maintenance budget set out by the Head of Site, and scheduling the purchase of new equipment, replacement and consumable parts and contractors visits to keep within monthly budget requirements.
- Management of Contractors on site.
- Contributing to customer and third-party audits against engineering requirements
- Assisting with Adhoc tasks in the Warehouse and Production line is required to do so.
Reporting directly to the Head of site.
Timing of shifts Flexible/Negotiable – 40hrs per week.
Basic Salary of £38,000-£40,000k per annum
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£40,000.00 per year